Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We seek talented faculty, staff, students and trainees who will constitute a vibrant community. We embrace and encourage our team’s differences along the dimensions of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics. We know that having a diverse team, reflective of the communities we serve, makes us better able to meet our patients’ needs, conduct impactful research, and train future leaders in the field.
The Penn Memory Center is currently seeking the following people to join our multi-disciplinary team of health professionals:
Assistant Professor, Tenure Track – Neurodegenerative Disease Pathology
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania seeks candidates for an Assistant Professor position in the tenure track. Expertise is required in the specific area of neurodegenerative disease and applicants with research focused on biomarker discovery, basic disease mechanisms, or translational research are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have an MD or PhD or equivalent degree. Successful candidates typically have postdoctoral or clinical research experience, and strong potential to generate independent extramural funding.
Clinical Research Coordinator A
The Clinical Research Coordinator A will substantially assist with the execution of federally funded and industry sponsored clinical trials.
- Management of clinical research protocols
- Recruitment and retention of potential research participants, drawing labs, specimen processing, shipping, and performing vital signs and EKGs for study visits
- Recording and reporting adverse events and serious adverse events per protocols
- Preparing and processing of Institutional Review Board (IRB) documentation through the IRB including continuing reviews, amendments and adverse event reporting
- Collecting accurate data and data entry
- Working closely with study sponsors and physicians
- Communicating any research issues to PI, communication with research team, including investigators, project managers, clinical research coordinators and regulatory team, to ensure patient safety and proper study conduct
- Must demonstrate vigilance in patient safety, protocol compliance, and data quality
- Participating in ongoing rater certification, protocol training and compliance meetings.
Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of related experience in research and clinical study methodologies or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
The Penn Memory Center is constantly seeking professionals who can demonstrate creativity, innovation, passion, teamwork, self-motivation, and commitment to advance our mission of treating Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Check back for any new Penn Memory Center openings.