Diversity and Inclusion Statement
We seek talented faculty, staff, students and trainees who will constitute a vibrant community. We embrace and encourage our team’s differences along the dimensions of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics. We know that having a diverse team, reflective of the communities we serve, makes us better able to meet our patients’ needs, conduct impactful research, and train future leaders in the field.
The Penn Memory Center is currently seeking the following people to join our multi-disciplinary team of health professionals:
Clinical Research Coordinator B
The Clinical Research Coordinator B will lead and substantially assist other coordinators in the execution of clinical trials and longitudinal cohort studies at PMC. This work includes the recruitment and retention of potential research participants. This research recruits a spectrum of older adults including persons with no cognitive impairment and persons with cognitive impairment caused by Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases. Additional duties include assisting in preparation and submission of IRB documents, coordinating and maintaining sponsor or CRO documentation, scheduling and conducting study visits per protocol and participating in ongoing rater certification, protocol training and compliance meetings.
Project Manager A
The Project Manager A will report directory to the Senior Project Manager and will assist in the oversight of the Penn Memory Center portfolio of industry and federally funded research, focused on intervention trials and biomarker validation studies. The Project Manager A is responsible for operationalizing study protocols and procedures, coordinate and oversee all clinical visit activities including recruiting screening and enrolling potential participants.
- Providing training and supervision to research coordinators and research assistants
- Working closely with the Senior Project Manager, PIs and other study leadership to plan and implement study procedures, collect and monitor data and report study progress internally and to study sponsors
- Devising and negotiating appropriate budgets and submit Clinical Trial Agreement to institutional contracting unit for prospective clinical research projects
- Coordinating startup across multiple departments (CHPS, IDS, Radiology, etc.), and finding creative solutions for various logistical problems across departments
- Managing IRB and other committee submissions and correspondence
- Following good clinical practices for conduction human subjects research
Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Clinical Research Coordinator A
The Clinical Research Coordinator A will substantially assist with the execution of federally funded and industry sponsored clinical trials.
- Management of clinical research protocols
- Recruitment and retention of potential research participants, drawing labs, specimen processing, shipping, and performing vital signs and EKGs for study visits
- Recording and reporting adverse events and serious adverse events per protocols
- Preparing and processing of Institutional Review Board (IRB) documentation through the IRB including continuing reviews, amendments and adverse event reporting
- Collecting accurate data and data entry
- Working closely with study sponsors and physicians
- Communicating any research issues to PI, communication with research team, including investigators, project managers, clinical research coordinators and regulatory team, to ensure patient safety and proper study conduct
- Must demonstrate vigilance in patient safety, protocol compliance, and data quality
- Participating in ongoing rater certification, protocol training and compliance meetings.
Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of related experience in research and clinical study methodologies or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
The Penn Memory Center is constantly seeking professionals who can demonstrate creativity, innovation, passion, teamwork, self-motivation, and commitment to advance our mission of treating Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Check back for any new Penn Memory Center openings.