Penn researchers are looking for families to participate in a research study about increasing physical activity. This study may be a good fit for you if you and your family want to start moving more – whether for your health, enjoyment or to spend time together. The study is led by Drs. Karen Glanz and Ryan Greysen and is funded by the National Institutes of Health/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
You may qualify if you:
- Are able to read and speak English
- Have a smartphone
- Live in the Philadelphia area
- Are 14 years of age or older
Your family may qualify if:
- Someone in your family who is at least 65 years old can join
- At least one person in the family lives in Philadelphia
- Everyone from your family who participates lives within an hour’s drive of each other
- Each person has a smartphone
Research participants will:
- Receive a Fitbit
- Receive a prepaid cash card for completing surveys
- Participate for 18 months
How do I sign up for the study?
You can see if you’re eligible and sign up for the study by visiting this link. If you prefer to enroll by phone, call 215-746-1403 or email STEP-Together@pennmedicine.upenn.edu and a member of the study team will complete the process with you by phone.