Diverse VCID is a research study using advanced brain imaging and blood-based techniques to better understand how vascular changes cause brain injury and cognitive decline, especially in racially diverse communities.
You may be able to join if you:
- You or a loved one has noticed changes in your memory and thinking
- You or a loved on has noticed changes in your memory and thinking
- Your doctor has said there are abnormal white matter changes on your brain MRI
- Taking part in Diverse VCID is up to you. If you join, you can leave the study at any time
What to expect?
- A first study visit to complete questionnaires, memory/thinking tests, brain MRI scan, medical examinations, and a blood draw
- Two more visits over the next 3 years repeating the same procedures
- Study updates and findings which includes a newsletter, informational website and participant appreciation events throughout the study
- The study will be free to you and you will be reimbursed for participating
- Your doctor can use the results from your MRI scan and bloodwork to help diagnose and treat your medical conditions
- Your participant could lead to be better care for you. It could also help your family and those in your community with memory loss in the future
Click here for a printable flier about this study
For more information contact research coordinator Sophia TumSuden at 215-520-5013 or at email@example.com