We work with our Community Partners to build a lasting relationship with West and Northwest communities. Our Community Partners play an essential role in recruitment and retention in the ABCD2 Study. We provide partners and their communities with access to Penn Memory Center resources and researchers.
Our Community Partners
- Reverend Leroy Miles of Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church
- Frederick Okoye of Alpha Phi Alpha
- Karen Askew-Teel of Alpha Kappa Alpha
We’ve also worked with
- African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Salem Baptist Church
- National Association of University Women
- Free Library of Philadelphia – West Cluster
- Conquerors Community Development Corporation
- Arden Courts
To partner with us and be a part of our work, you can reach out to PMC Outreach Coordinator Morgann Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-530-5734.
Become an ABC Ambassador
ABC Ambassadors are current participants of the Aging Brain Cohort (ABC) study who act as mentors for current minority research participants who may have questions or concerns about a research study. They also provide feedback to our team on outreach strategies. The efforts of ABC Ambassadors help increase diversity in clinical trials at PMC.
To become an ABC Ambassador, you can reach out to PMC Outreach Coordinator Morgann Adams at email@example.com or 913-530-5734.