Every year 19,000 older Philadelphians are financially exploited.
In an effort to lower this number, the Penn Memory Center (PMC) joined the Philadelphia Financial Exploitation Task Force and shared valuable advice on how to protect you and your loved one’s wealth as you age.
Hear from experts on the best ways to protect yourself and your loved ones from scams and to manage your money.
Fast forward by clicking on the presentation titles below.
- “Elder Abuse” (5:31) Estevana Isaac, Clinical Fellow for Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology at Penn Medicine and the Penn Memory Center
- “Protecting Against Financial Exploitation” (13:14) James McCrae, Head of Investor Protection for Vanguard Retail Investor Group
- “Protecting Your Loved Ones’ and Your Finances: A Financial Planner’s Approach” (25:28) Christine Moriarty, MBA, a certified financial planner and founder of MoneyPeace.com
- Older adult protective services in Pennsylvania (40:25) Jen Spoeri, Executive Director National Adult Protective Services Association
- Legal documents that will help protect you (44:48) Dana Goldberg, Legal Director of SeniorLAW Center
See Vanguard’s “Protect Your Finances” brochure.